• Counting and depositing of funds received into the Accounting Office
• Recording of contributions into donor records in the church’s management system.
• Entering pledges from capital campaigns and annual stewardship/missions pledge drives.
• Providing customer service to donors regarding contribution transactions and records.
• Processing of giving statements
• Ensuring data accuracy
• Ad-Hoc reporting of contribution data
• Assisting other areas of Accounting as needed
Competencies: Computer/database proficiency, attention to detail, time management, organization, confidentiality, communication, teamwork, administration.
Requirements: 2+ years accounting and/or bookkeeping experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, proficiency in Excel and various accounting software.
Full time, hourly Accounting Assistant. Forty hour week, Monday - Friday. This position’s primary responsibility is the Contributions function in the Accounting Office. The ideal candidate has exceptional attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and is proficient with technology. Reports to the Assistant Controller.
Job Types(s): Accounting / Finance
Industry(s): Nonprofit / Social Service
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
The Woodlands United Methodist Church