The SALES MANAGER will generate group business in designated market segment and maximize revenue profitability using proactive sales activities in accordance with established hotel brand standards.
• This is an advanced level position designed to lead a sales office and front desk towards solicitation of new and maintaining existing extended stay, transient, group and meeting room business.
• Director of Sales is responsible for all sales/marketing tasks as well as some financial and administrative reporting.
• Improve hotel visibility by conducting outside sales calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related events
• Always setting and representing highest quality of service to our clients. Educating staff on these same principles.
• Develop new business through obtaining accounts from competition, exploring further opportunities within existing accounts (account saturation). Responsible for uncovering potential new leads of business in the market.
• Establish and maintain close relationships with Competitive set , being aware of market conditions, and receive market referrals.
• Works closely with General Manager , Revenue Analyst and front desk to ensure selling strategies are understood and adhered to. This in turn maximizes hotels financial performance.
• Ensure Operational and Sales focused guidelines are adhered to.
• Greet in house guest on a regular basis – including Breakfast , Social hour and front desk to ensure clients’ needs are being achieved.
• Complete Weekly sales reports and submit those to the General Manager.
• Design and deliver marketing promotions and campaigns involving direct mail, social media, ads, etc.
• Establish and develop new LNR accounts
• Ability to develop a marketing plan and adhere to deadlines. Establishment of setting goals and determining action steps to achieve those goals.
• Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development and sustainability
• Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive action plans. Also having the ability to prepare and interpret month end reports.
• As in industry standard it is an expectation for a Director of Sales to achieve a hotel’s fair market share. Ability to interpret STAR data is a plus.
• Communicate with internal business partners on upcoming group needs, VIP clients, meeting functions
• Maintain and secure repeat business through client satisfaction and loyalty.
• Maintain knowledge of industry and trends in market, particularly amongst competitor set.
• Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
• Maintains high standards of professional demeanor.
• Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins
• Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor DESIRED
• Complete all required training as designed by Hilton, this includes e-curriculum within the required timeframe as mandated by Hilton. Attend any brand required training or webinars as suggested by General Manager.
• Embrace in the culture and attitude of Hilton’s Extended Stay programs – participating in all required action steps and programs.
• COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to follow corporate and hotel brand standards
• Community Activities and mandated Hilton community programs are important.
• Seek out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary
• Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
• Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently
• Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
• Manages assignments and responsibilities effectively
• Responsible for being trained and knowledgeable on hotel’s emergency procedures.
• Ensure that the Meeting Space and events are well communicated with staff and willing to take ownership of client needs/requests.
• 2 years of direct hotel sales experience required. Hilton experience would be a plus. Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions. Experience with SalesPro and Hilton OnQ is preferred
Director of Hotel Sales at Award Winning Hilton Poroperty
Industry(s): Hotel / Resort
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time