Upgrading Your Bathroom To A More Modern Look and Feel
If you feel like you’re opening a time capsule every time you go into your bathroom there are a lot of easy upgrades you can make to bring your bathroom into the present. From changing out hardware to new paint, some upgrades can help you achieve the bathroom look and feel you want. The experts at Mr. Handyman have some advice to help you develop a plan and get it done.
Modern Bathroom Ideas
If you want to upgrade your bathroom, but you’re not sure where to begin, that’s okay. We have a few ideas to modernize your bathroom quickly.
New Paint. Applying a fresh coat of paint is a great way to make your bathroom seem more modern. Picking colors like white, light gray, and other light neutrals can help give the room a modern look as well as provide an open canvas to work with when it comes to art, accessories, and other elements you’ll add after the paint dries.
- New Backsplash and Trim. Adding a new backsplash and replacing the trim can create a much sleeker look. If your backsplash is dated, updating with glass or porcelain can also give your existing sink area a new look and feel.
- Modern Bathroom Accessories. Although you might not think of them often, things like towel bars, soap dispensers, and other minor accents can help bring your modern design together.
- New Mirrors. An old-style mirror will clash with a modern design scheme. Try updating the look with a mirror that features a frameless or thin frame design. This will help bring a sleek, modern style to your bathroom makeover.
- Change Out Linens. Having white or off-white linens is another easy upgrade you can make to your bathroom that will create a modern style without breaking the bank. Towels and shower curtains look better with a clean, white appearance. You’ll also want to keep your linens and towels design-free, as solid colors fit better with a modern bathroom.
- Upgrade Bathroom Fan. Upgrading your exhaust fan will boost your fan’s function, streamline your bathroom’s appearance, and give you more light. Don’t worry; we can help you replace and upgrade your bathroom fan.
- Modern Bathroom Shelves. Finding modern shelves for your bathroom gives you additional storage space and lets you display plants and other décor. New shelves allow you to customize your bathroom while also adding to the style you want.
- Replacing Fixtures. If your toilets, tubs, showers, and sinks don’t match or are outdated, replacing them with new fixtures is a sure-fire way to modernize a bathroom. You might also want to consider replacing your bathroom lighting. Installing new light fixtures in your bathroom can add much-needed light, ambiance, and style.
Does your bathroom remodel plan involve moving fixtures? Our friends at Mr. Rooter Plumbing can reconfigure your supply lines and drains to make your redesign complete.
Need Help Upgrading Your Bathroom?
Changing out the fixtures, adding shelves, and upgrading other elements of your bathroom can turn it from drab to fab. However, a bathroom update can also be a lot of work, especially if you’re trying to take it all on yourself. But who says you must do it alone? Your local Mr. Handyman is ready to help you get it all done with professional bathroom remodel and renovation services. And with the Neighborly Done Right Promise, you can rest assured that your bathroom remodel will be done to your complete satisfaction. To get started, call us at (877) 685-1377 or submit a request online today.