WEATHER UPDATE - Flood Advisory until 3:15 this afternoon
FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 315 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...Urban and small stream flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...A portion of southeast Texas, including the following counties, Harris and Montgomery.
* WHEN...Until 315 PM CDT.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas. Ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 219 PM CDT, Doppler radar and automated rain gauges indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. This will cause urban and small stream flooding. Between 0.5 and 1.5 inches of rain have fallen.
- Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are expected over the area. This additional rain will result in minor flooding.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include... Tomball, Spring, Greater Greenspoint, The Woodlands, Splashtown, Hooks Airport, Willowbrook and northwestern Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Instructions: Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles. Please report observed flooding to local emergency services or law enforcement and request they pass this information to the National Weather Service when you can do so safely.
Articles by Month of Posting