Create a Welcoming Esthetic With Artwork and Decor
What better way to help recent home buyers spruce up their new place than with artwork and decorations? Homeowners can say goodbye to the bare walls and sparse furniture with the right kind of décor. From framed prints, framed photographs, beautiful wall hangings, and wallpapers, you can easily create a warm, inviting atmosphere for them.
Hanging art in strategic places like the entryway or living room makes a great first impression for friends and family. Decorative pillows and throws draped over a sofa are also practical gifts, as they provide additional comfort to their space. You can even go the extra mile by gifting personalized pieces like mugs, coasters, and other accessories stamped with their initials for an extra-special touch. After all, a little bit of personalized décor goes a long way in making them feel at home!
Practical Kitchen Tools for New Homeowners
These days, buying a home is a huge investment, and new homeowners need all the help they can get to make the kitchen in their new home as comfortable and user-friendly as possible. That’s why there are some amazing practical housewarming gifts for new home buyers that focus solely on the kitchen.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Cooking Utensils. From whisks to wooden spoons and spatulas, these can come in handy for cooking big meals for friends and family.
- Cutting Boards & Knives. A good cutting board and knife set is essential for any kitchen – it’s an easy way to give your friend some well-deserved tools that will last a long time (just make sure they use a good cutting board oil!).
- Glassware & Drinkware. Whether it’s wine glasses or mason jars, glassware sets are great to have when entertaining guests or just enjoying a nice meal with family. Plus, they look great on shelves or countertops!
- Kitchen Towels & Aprons. You might think kitchen towels are kind of boring gifts, but they’re perfect for wiping up messes after baking or cooking up something special (and aprons make excellent conversation starters).
- Storage Containers & Jars. Not only are storage containers perfect for keeping food and ingredients fresh, but they also help declutter counters and cupboards in any kitchen! Plus, you can find some really cute designs if you look around online or at your local stores.
Help New Homeowners Get Organized
Organization is key when living in a new house, and giving the new homeowners some practical gifts to help them organize can be a lifesaver.
From designated entryway bins for keys and mail, to pantry organizers and countertop storage solutions, you can find something that fits what they need. Make sure to check their new home décor style before buying. It’s best to respect their personal esthetic.
Here are some popular organization items you can consider as housewarming gifts:
- Storage bins
- Peg boards
- Floating shelves
- Entryway racks or hooks for keys or coats
- Toolbox for garden tools and supplies
- A multipurpose ladder for hard-to-reach spaces
Giving a practical gift like this shows you not only care about the new homeowners beginning this exciting chapter in their lives, but also that you understand their needs. Not only will it be useful for them in the long run, but your gift will likely be appreciated much more than something frivolous.
Welcoming Gifts for the Outdoors
When you think of a housewarming gift, an outdoor item might not be the first thing that comes to mind. But the outdoors can bring a lot of joy to the new homeowner and make their move-in even more special.
It might sound a bit contradictory, but you can give functional pieces that are also visually pleasing. An outdoor rug, for example, is both attractive and practical because it keeps dirt and other debris from being tracked into the home. Plus, with so many color and material options available, it’s easy to find something that fits their style.
If the homeowner loves gardening, then gifting them gardening tools is sure to be a winner! From hand-crafted trowels to full sets of garden shears and secateurs, they’re sure to enjoy using these tools while tending to their garden. Depending on budget or preference, they come in plastic or metal options.
When it comes to gifts for the outdoors, there’s plenty to choose from:
- Weather station or thermometer
- Outdoor furniture like Adirondack chairs or patio sets
- String lights or lighting fixtures
- Grill or BBQ set
- Birdbath or bird feeders
- Succulents in a terrarium
- Ferns in indoor planters
Thoughtful Housewarming Gift Ideas for Home Buyers
Ah, a new place to call home! What an exciting time for the new homebuyers in your life. Show your support and encourage them on their journey by giving something thoughtful. It’s easy to find the perfect housewarming gift that will show you care about the newest addition to their home.
Whether you want to get something practical or splurge on something a little more extravagant, here are some wonderful gift ideas to consider:
- Kitchen Essentials: A practical gift they can use everyday like cookware, bakeware, kitchen utensils, or even a new coffee maker is always appreciated.
- Gardening Tools: Celebrate their new outdoor space with gardening tools like rakes and shovels, along with pots and planters for their new green friends.
- Cleaning Supplies: Everyone needs cleaning supplies! Mop sets, dusters, duster refills, broom sets. These are all great options that will last for years.
- Decorations: Decorations add personality and charm to a house. A piece of artwork or an interesting decoration for their outdoor patio can help make it feel like home.
- Home Security Systems: For an extra special gift that shows you care about their safety and security, why not give them a home security system? They come in all shapes and sizes but are sure to make any home safer in no time.
All in all, when it comes to housewarming gifts, there are plenty of options out there that are both practical and meaningful. You can send a thoughtful gift without breaking the bank, or bring something to the home that the new owners can use for years to come.
No matter what you choose to give, a housewarming gift is a great way to show your support for a friend or family member’s new home. And by taking the time to select something personal and meaningful, you can rest assured that your gift will be remembered and appreciated for years to come.