How to Clean Your Eye Glasses
Sometimes the way you clean your eye glasses can scratch your lenses and impair your vision. The doctors at Woodlands Eye Associates have prepared some pointers of how to properly clean your lenses!
To make sure your lenses stay scratch free, clear and crisp as long as possible for the best vision, follow these instructions.
- First, as with many instructions, begin by washing your hands thoroughly. Regular hand soap or dish soap are preferred. The products with lotion, they will create a film on your lenses.
- Rinse your glasses under a gentle stream of lukewarm water.
- Put a small amount of dish soap on each lens or drop some on your fingers and apply it to the lens this way. A little soap will go a long way.
- Gently rub the front and back of the lens, as well as rubbing lightly along the frame. Be sure to wash along the frame components like nose pads and hinges. Dust and oil can accumulate around the lens, so clean these areas thoroughly.
- Rinse the glasses with lukewarm water on both sides and shake the excess water off your lenses.
- Use a clean, lint-free towel to dry your lenses and frames. A cotton towel is preferred. Make sure it is a fresh, clean towel!
- Check to see that your eyewear is free from smears and smudges. Keep a microfiber cloth on hand to clean any minor residue you may encounter throughout the day.
The best way to avoid not only scratching your glasses to prevent scratching, reduce glares, and even resist dust, dirt, and oil is to clean them daily. More importantly, schedule an annual comprehensive eye exam to make sure your prescription is up to date for optimal vision.
Give us a call today or stop in to either of our convenient The Woodlands, locations. Our Panther Creek office is located in the Panther Creek Shopping Center at 4775 W. Panther Creek Dr., Ste.230or call 281.367.5335. Our Medical Plaza office is located at 1001 Medical Plaza Dr Ste 100or call 281.367.2020. You can also request an appointment by visiting https://www.woodlandseye.com/appointments. We hope to see you soon!