Ten Plumbing Repair Tips You Can Really Use
We can tell you every plumbing repair secret we know – but then we’d have to shoot you. We are totally kidding!! Seriously, though, there are some good plumbing repair and maintenance ideas that can save you time and money, but there are also some really effective tips that may be useful to know. Here are 10:
- Don’t put a brick in your toilet tank.
- Don’t use chemical liquid drain cleaners; they erode the pipes.
- “Flushable” towelettes and baby wipes aren’t flushable.
- Know how to turn off the water heater! If it’s a gas water heater, switch the knob to “pilot.”
- If a family member is a regular “shedder,” invest in a drain strainer or “hair snare (.99-$6.99).”
- Know where the main water shut-off valve is located!
- Small drips = gallons of wasted water. Don’t ignore them.
- Place buckets near bathroom and kitchen sinks (You can use them to store cleaning accessories.). If there’s a problem, use your bucket to catch the water while you look for the duct tape and turn off the main water valve. Then call us.
- We’ve all done it: Don’t hang or drape stuff on exposed plumbing pipes.
- You need 2 plungers. One should be a “regular” plunger and the other should be a force-cup plunger. The regular plunger is for toilet clogs. When unclogging your double-drain kitchen sink, you can use the force-cup plunger for the plunging and then use the second one to cover the other drain for maximum unclogging power.
Preventive plumbing maintenance is the best investment you can make to avoid expensive plumbing repairs. Bradbury Brothers Services is located in one of the best residential and commercial areas of the country, so you make our job easier: Residents of Conroe, Magnolia, Montgomery, Oak Ridge North, Shenandoah, Spring, The Woodlands, Tomball and surrounding areas are conscientious property owners who show pride of ownership in their homes; they take advantage of complete plumbing services to save money and preserve our ecology. Call 281.661.4283, 936.756.5472 or contact Bradbury Brothers Services today to discuss a “plumbing wellness” program!