Irrigation recommended! Little or no rain last week. About a 50% chance of rain perhaps Wednesday, but we're in "The Bubble," so it may not happen. Irrigate a full one inch this week, but remember the Defined Irrigation Schedule.
Remember, St. Augustine grass is a warm season grass. During warmer months (June, July, August, September) it requires no more than an inch of water a week. This one inch can be in the form of rainwater, irrigation water or a combination of both. If irrigation is recommended, then put down a half-inch on each zone on your first watering night of the week, and then another half-inch on your second night. If you're not familiar with your watering days, please check the Defined Irrigation Schedule.
This is a recommendation only. It is intended to reduce waste of our vital water supply. We understand that rainfall events vary across The Woodlands and suggest installing a gauge at your home to accurately measure your rainfall. Alternately, a rain sensor or Smart Controller offer even greater accuracy. The decision to irrigate is at the discretion of our residents. However, the Defined Irrigation Schedule is still in effect, and residents who choose to irrigate should do so according to the DIS.
Some Water Saving Tips:
• Pay attention to rainfall.The Woodlands receives about 50 inches per year.
• Subscribe to this email.
• Use cycle and soak to prevent runoff.
• Make sure your soil is not compacted and that water can penetrate at least six inches.
• Ensure that you have a healthy microbial population in your soil.
• Monitor your outdoor water use.
• Don't just "set and forget" your controller.
• Check here for your 50% rebate on rain barrels, native plants, smart controllers, drip irrigation and rain gauges.
The Woodlands Joint Powers Agency's Mission Statement: Our mission is to be your resource for water use, costs, quality and conservation in The Woodlands.
For water savings information, automatic bill pay, tax information, rebates and more. Or call us at 855-h2o-save (855-426-7283).