What are the benefits of cutting out dairy?
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- Ultimately, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to achieving great health. We are all uniquely built to handle different foods in different capacities, called bio-individuality. If you're among the group of people who don't tolerate dairy, you might experience:
- stomach pain or cramping
- brain fog
Cutting out dairy can seem daunting at first, but there are many dairy substitutes available to make the process easier. And the benefits of going dairy-free are plentiful and far-reaching. Here are just a few of the potential benefits of saying no to dairy:
- Shed more pounds.
- Reduce your exposure to antibiotics and hormones.
- Clear skin.
- Improved digestion.
- Reduced inflammation.
- Make room for different sources of calcium
- Improved bone health.
- Reduce environmental impact.
- Balanced hormones.
- Improved symptoms of brain fog
How long you cut dairy products out of your diet for is completely up to you; if you find yourself feeling better after cutting dairy, you may choose to leave it behind for good. There are no hard-and-fast rules when it comes to finding the diet and lifestyle that work best for you, so learn to listen to your gut and follow what it’s telling you.
Some alternatives you can use are:
- Plant-based milks like nut milks, coconuts milk, or oat milk
- Lactose-free products like goat milk or Lactaid, which may be helpful for some people who are sensitive to dairy, but not everyone
- Using healthy oils to substitute for butter
Call our office for more information on healthy diets, and to learn whether cutting out dairy is right for you!