Recap of The Woodlands Area Chamber's Candidate Forum for Conroe ISD Board of Trustees
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce presented a Candidate Forum for Conroe ISD Board of Trustees Position 6 and 7, October 6 via Facebook Live. The forum provided the public with information prior to early voting, which starts October 13. View early voting polling locations and times, here.
The two candidates running for Position 6 are Stacey Chase and Ashley Fehrle. The two candidates running for Position 7 are Miesha Weaver and Scott Moore. Weaver was unable to attend the event.
The candidates were asked the following questions:
- How does your experience qualify you for this position, and what would your priority be going forward, if elected?
- Do you believe another district bond will be needed in the coming years? And if so, what needs do you think it will have to address?
- What do you see as the biggest challenges associated with the district's continued student body growth?
- What do you think of the district's handling of the pandemic so far this year? What, if anything, would you do differently?
- How do you think the district could improve its accountability rating? And what should the focus be at some of CISD’s lowest scoring campuses?
Click here to watch the Candidate Forum for Position 6
Click here to watch the Candidate Forum for Position 7
“Education is obviously crucially important to our economic development,” said Chamber President and CEO J.J. Hollie.