Freeze Warning for The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- Freeze Warning for Woodlands Residents
- Cover exposed pipes to keep them from freezing and/or breaking.
- Make sure your irrigation backflow preventer is drained. Here's a video showing how to do this.
- Residents should report water outages to 855-h2o-save (855-426-7283) day or night.
- Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to leave your water running. You may want to open doors under sinks both in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- If you have rain barrels, you have several choices:
a. DRAIN THE BARREL.
b. ADD A CUP OF SUGAR TO THE WATER. THIS WILL LOWER
THE FREEZING POINT OF THE WATER.
c. ADD A CUP OF OLIVE OIL TO YOUR RAIN BARREL. THIS
WILL ALSO LOWER THE FREEZING POINT OF WATER.