As a member of the VillaSport leadership team, the VillaKids Director helps bring to life a high performance culture that develops, empowers and recognizes great employees and delivers five-star service, exceptional programs, and an immaculately clean, safe club to members and guests. In decisions and actions, the VillaKids Director is guided by VillaSport’s WE SERVE principles. The VillaKids Director fully executes on all VillaSport Standard Operating Procedures and takes ownership of the overall operational and financial performance of the VillaKids department. Though guided by the Office of the General Manager, the VillaKids Director is expected to be self-motivated, self-reliant, organized and able to handle concurrent projects and assignments.
- Adopt, promote, and positively enforce all SOPs for the club.
- Ensure that your department meets VillaSport’s standards for cleanliness and safety. Report any maintenance and repair issues to the Facilities Department if necessary.
- Take ownership over financials in your department. Work with OGM on budgeting, managing, marketing, and maximizing revenues and controlling expense.
- Educate necessary VillaSport staff on events and timelines within your department.
- Monitor department’s payroll to ensure accuracy to hours worked and hours budgeted.
- Partner with Employee Services Director and Home Office to properly recruit, train, schedule, evaluate and develop all of your department’s staff.
- Ensure VillaKids is fun for all children through the development of curriculum and training engaging staff.
- Ensure parents have confidence and trust in the VillaKids operation, visible through safe procedures and practices.
- Develop, implement and manage age appropriate curriculum that includes thematic games, crafts, learning centers and gross motor activities for children 6 weeks to 12 years of age for rotations.
- Track all children dropped-off and picked up. Ensure that all safety procedures are followed during drop off and pick up.
- Ensure marketing mirrors curriculum.
- Ensure curriculum stays fresh and engages children.
- Monitor staff execution of curriculum and adjust as needed.
- Order and maintain supplies and equipment.
- Implement programs such as camps, Parent’s Night Out and special events.
- Complete monthly and quarterly reports on programs.
- Propose program improvements and new program ideas.
- Maintain state child care licensing compliance, fire and health compliance where applicable.
- Track and communicate state licensing changes and assist in developing policies and procedures to comply with changes.
- Maintain required admission forms for children.
- Ensure compliance with maximum allowable duration of stay.
- Assist in the constant evaluation of all procedures, systems and services.
- Ensure the proper use of the facility, age appropriate equipment and activities.
- Experience directing child care programs
- Experience managing to a budget
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with children
- Knowledgeable in camp administrative practices
- A minimum of one year of leadership experience with an organized youth camp, school or other youth-serving organization
- A minimum of 2 years experience managing a staff of over 25 people
- Experience with State child care licensing and understanding of regulations
- Understanding of children’s behavior
- Ability to develop and manage children’s programs
- Experience with managing a budget
- Proficient in Excel and MS Word
- Experience with transactional (POS) systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent training and coaching skills
- Able to take initiative and use good judgment in making suggestions and executing solutions to issues promptly and effectively
- Excellent customer service skills, energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment
- Open to changing situations and opportunities and is able and willing to exhibit support
- College degree in related field
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR certification required prior to hire date
VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa offers an exciting and fulfilling career opportunity for those who thrive in a fast-paced, energizing environment. Our resort-style clubs are where fitness, family and community all come together. As a growth company with ambitious expansion plans, VillaSport is looking for talented and motivated people who can grow with us and can deliver best-in-class customer service on a scale not seen in the industry.
If you are a high-performing, outgoing, service-oriented individual looking for a chance to make a difference, you belong at VillaSport. We offer a fantastic work environment, competitive wages, a complimentary club membership, and a benefit package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company match of up to 4% of an employee’s compensation.
For more information, please visit our website at www.villasport.com .
annual+bonus+benefits+PTO+free club membership!
VillaSport Athletic Club & Spa
4141 Technology Forest Boulevard
The Woodlands, TX 77381
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands