• Responsible for welcoming guests and accurately verifying all information during the check-in process and following up at check-out.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Register guests and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible.
• Assist in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
• Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
• Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests and day use rooms.
• Possess a working knowledge of the reservations department. Take same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Know cancellation procedures.
• Maintain guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
• Process guest check-outs.
• Perform cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid outs, currency exchange.
• Work closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
• Use proper telephone etiquette.
• Perform cashiering tasks like bill/invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest.
• Responsible for following the standard operating procedures.
• Responsible for following safety procedures & standards.
• Responsible for achieving and exceeding the guest satisfaction score.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
• Passion for guest service and values problem resolution
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.; push/pull carts up to or over 200 lbs.
• Displays professional image at all times.
• Work in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment, flexible with spontaneous demands from guests and for business needs.
Must be flexible
Able to work holidays and weekends
High school Diploma or GED
Hotel previous experience is a Plus.
Job Types(s): Other
Industry(s): Hotel / Resort