The Client Associate (CA) role is a sales support position, typically providing dedicated operational and sales support to multiple Financial Advisors (FA's). Incumbents will support office initiatives, in addition to the businesses of particular FA's. For established clients, the CA will often serve as the most frequent point of contact with Merrill Lynch.
* Help manage client relationships for a large and successful team within Merrill Lynch while building a culture that fosters positive, long-standing client relationships through the delivery of a consistent client experience
* Ensure client service expectations are exceeded while balancing the risk and exposure for Merrill Lynch and the team
* Understands the Firm’s products and services and their application
* Analyzes information to consistently arrive at appropriate recommendations or solutions for specific initiatives & service offerings
* Responsible for daily money movement including ACH, Fed Funds, IRA distributions, etc.
* Understands the fundamentals and uses of the wealth management process
* Comfortable with a uniform client on-boarding process
* Proactively comes up with ideas for client touch points
* Responsible for highly customized client packets to make appointment process more efficient
* Responsible for contributing to the creation of client proposals with FA before client and prospect meetings
* Responsible for helping manage client campaigns throughout the year including online enrollments, holiday gifting, making sure all client paperwork is up to date, etc.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively on a team and always demonstrating strong follow-up skills for the greatest client experience
* May be involved with organizing and attending client events and processing Expense Reports
* Acts as a liaison between clients, the back office and specialists inside Merrill Lynch and Bank of America as well as with family accountants and attorneys
* Comfortable with multi line phone, heavy phone contact, fast paced environment, high volume of administrative work, as well as face to face client interactions
* Establish and maintain relationships with the management Team and inform them of any circumstances that require supervisory attention/review/approval per Compliance guidelines and policies.
* Strong client service & technical skills
* Strong communication, time management and organizational skills are required
* Minimum of 5+ years professional or relevant internship experience required – Financial Services Experience Preferred
* Fully registered CA (Series 7, 63, 65, & 66) preferred
* Undergraduate degree preferred
Strong Communication Skills
Strong Follow-Up Process to make sure all task work is complete
5 years professional experience working in an office environment preferred.
Financial Services Experience strongly preferred.
Strong Organizational Skills
Strong Time Management Skills
Strong Client Service Skills
Strong Relationship Building Skills
Ability to multi-task
Ability to thrive in a stressful environment
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
Name: Cara Lennon