• Provides crisis intervention assistance to residents and prospective residents
• Answers Hotline and business line and conducts telephone assessment interviews and intake/exit processes
• Makes emergency referrals and provides information to residents regarding services of staff and volunteers
• Provides referrals when Shelter is full or when client is not eligible for services of MCWC
• Assists residents in developing a plan of action for their stay in the shelter
• Advocates on resident’s behalf to obtain needed community services
• Orients every new shelter resident on all aspects of shelter life
• Conducts house meetings and enforces house rules and policies
• Facilitates conflict resolution between residents as needed
• Oversees the safety, security andDaily house census
• Communicates regularly with other staff regarding resident needs and problems
• Provides transportation for clients, as needed
• Attends shelter and MCWC staff meetings
• Conducts routine emergency procedure drills with residents
• Assists in monitoring food and supply inventories.
• Assists with cleanliness, safety and facility repairs.
• Other duties as assigned
Associate’s Degree in Social Services or related field, crisis intervention training or 1 year of equivalent experience and a clean driving record. Must be able to perform moderate to heavy lifting, reach high shelves or racks, drive an 18-passenger van, and possess, or qualify for, American Red Cross First Aid Certification.
11.00 per hour
Industry(s): Nonprofit / Social Service
Employment Type: Employee - Part Time
Job Location(s): Conroe / Lake Conroe