WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Montgomery County Food Bank
POSITION: Warehouse Operations Associate
REPORTS TO: Manager, Operations
HOURS: 7:30 – 4:30, Monday-Friday
Provide support in all aspects of operations, by training volunteers and community service workers in warehouse and sorting room and cooler freezer areas, operating a forklift or pallet jack, pulling orders, loading and unloading trucks with donation or deliveries, sorting food or nonfood product in the sort room or cooler/freezer, maintaining logs, cleaning and mopping, and other operations duties as assigned.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Provide support in all aspects of operations.
• Train and guide volunteers and community service workers to complete their duties assigned in a safe and effective manner.
• Assist in loading and unloading trucks for deliveries, donations and truck shipments.
• Assist in loading of product to agencies picking up orders
• Pull agency orders accurately and efficiently, all orders must be staged neatly, organized, shrink wrapped and labelled correctly.
• Stage all orders, move pallets, and restock as directed.
• Operate forklifts in a safe manner and possess the ability to be certified.
• Operate electric and nonelectric pallet jacks in a safe manner.
• Assist in the training of all volunteers and Community Service in sorting all donated product through the sorting room.
• Inspect all products for expiration dates, excessive damage, open packaging and/or contamination and sanitize all products.
• Package all acceptable products for distribution, label and stack neatly in current stored locations.
• Keep accurate records and poundage on all boxed products. Transfer all daily data to transform form and turn into Warehouse Supervisor.
• Maintain a thorough list of all recalls.
• Sort, inspect and repackage all donated retail frozen and refrigerated product being received.
• Maintain freezer/cooler temperature log and place initials on card.
• Keep freezer/cooler area in an organized state and sweep and mop at end of shift.
• Able to work in all inclement weather conditions, evenings, overtime, and/or weekends if necessary
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times and correct deficiencies upon recognition.
• Inform Operations Manager and/or VP of Operations immediately of any situation that needs attention pertaining to sanitation and/or safety issues.
• Assist in MCFB disaster recovery efforts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Limited travel within the Montgomery County area.
• Subject to a criminal background and drug screening before hire.
Montgomery County Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment “at will” organization. This job description does not imply or constitute an offer of employment.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2+ years’ experience in warehouse / distribution center environment
• 2+ years’ experience in a customer service roll
• Forklift Certification preferred
• Knowledge of Safety practices
• Communication Proficiency
• Organizational Skills
• Mathematical Skills
• Technical Capacity.
• Time Management.
• Able to work independently and collaboratively
• Experience WMS and inventory scanners
Job Types(s): Warehousing
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Montgomery County Food Bank