Sports Staff - Seasonal – The Woodlands Resort
apply online at: email@example.com
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
As a member of the sports staff, you would be responsible for engaging guests at the hotel lobby, Forest Oasis Waterscape, the Wharf Terrace and any other locations necessary while continuously delivering outstanding guest service. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet guests and respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
• Coordinate and engage guests in sports related and activities including kayaks..
• Ensure guest safety in all sports related activities
• Host basic non – revenue and revenue generating activities such as sports competitions, x-box
• Ability to lift recreational equipment up to 40 lbs
• Socialize with guests at different events and locations around the hotel.
• Be a reliable source of contact and information for our guests.
• Assist guests in the checking in and of recreational equipment such as Kayaks and Paddleboards.
• Monitor water slides and lazy river for safety and protocol.
• Work as a team player to assist the recreation team in any way necessary
• Must have reliable transportation and flexibility to work varied shifts, varied days of the week
including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests.
• The Recreational Attendant is responsible for providing prompt and efficient service to our guests.
• This is an outdoor position that is offered as seasonal employment, with the potential to extend based on availability and company demand. Must be available to work weekends, Spring Break, and other holidays, if required. Summer season extends till the end of October.
• Possess an enthusiastic attitude, a friendly demeanor and a positive, solution oriented approach.
• The ability to interact and engage with guests of varying age groups.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example for all
• Consistently engage guests by greeting, smiling and providing excellent service.
• Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients
• Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
• Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee
• Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.)
to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
• Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor
• Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
• Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
• Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
• Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
• Continue to learn and grow in your position
• Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
• Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
• Assist person(s) with a disability
• Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest
• Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to
reflect the business needs of the hotel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
• Applicant must be flexible to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”
Job Types(s): Sports/Recreation/Fitness
Industry(s): Hotel / Resort
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
The Woodlands Resort - Visit Our Business Directory Listing