Apply online at: careers.howardhughes.com
To serve beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. Also, to prepare beverages for other server to supply to guests, and act as cashier for the lounge.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
• Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
• Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to ensure product quality.
• Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and ensures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
• Locks up and stores all beverages, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
• Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health standards.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
• Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
• Utilizes protective equipment.
• Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
• Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to supervisor.
• Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
• All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
• Perform any related duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
• Assists other department personnel when need.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests (TABC Certification).
• Hold a current Food Handler Card
• Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
• Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions, and vouchers.
• Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
• Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
• Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
• Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
• Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• HS Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Hospitality experience preferred
• Prior F&B experience preferred
TABC and Food Handlers Certification
Job Types(s): Restaurant / Food Service
Industry(s): Restaurant / Food Service
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
The Woodlands Resort - Visit Our Business Directory Listing