The Logistics Coordinator supports the Transportation Manager in all aspects of transportation. They book trucks, review carrier records, follow up location and delivery status. The Logistics Coordinator works with Operations, Vendors and Customers to coordinate movement of product to and from facilities. This position requires providing more cost-effective methods to move goods from your vendors to your customers, despite unexpected situations and potential external delays. This is a 6-9 month opportunity.
1. Assist transportation department in managing and coordinating shipments.
2. Resolve customer issues relating to transportation of their goods and products.
3. Check and verify goods received at warehouse as against the accompanying documents.
4. Handle claims with carriers for damaged goods.
5. Track and trace communication for all shipments to the appropriate personnel.
6. Maintain all files, transportation documents and reports in an organized manner.
7. Coordinates the organization's daily logistical operations, including inventory control, order fulfillment, and distribution.
8. Plans and schedules inbound and outbound shipments to internal or external customers based on needs.
9. Acts as liaison between customers, freight carriers and shipping department.
10. Ensures on-time delivery of goods to customers, by investigating and resolving detention issues.
11. Controls costs by evaluating shipments, consolidating loads, and selecting most cost-efficient method of shipment.
• High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree is Supply Chain Management or relevant field preferred
• 2+ years of related experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills, experience with transportation systems preferred.
• Detail Oriented
• Ability to problem-solve
• Propensity to self-motivate
• Desire to learn
Job Types(s): Transportation / Drivers
Employment Type: Temporary - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
Country Fresh Holdings, LLC