Prior Authorization Specialist
• Evaluate patient information for Prior authorization
• Obtain patients insurance information for evaluation and submit for Authorization
• Go over benefits with patient when necessary, Good communication skills a must
• Prior authorization and billing skills required
• Organization skills very helpful for this position.
• Previous experience with Allscripts PM and EHR billing software systems
• 3-5 years in a fast-paced medical/dental office environment
• Knowledge of patient registration, scheduling, authorizations, billing, and medical orthopedic policies
• Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, BC/BS, Workers Compensation, Managed Care, and Commercial insurance carriers billing regulations
• Strong organization, problem-solving and communication skills
• Ability to effectively handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
• Strong understanding of benefits investigating; deductibles, co-insurance, out of pocket expense & benefit exclusions
Basic understanding of health insurance benefits and how to get authorizations.
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time