We are seeking a talented Family Office Accountant with a high level of integrity and experience working with high net worth individuals, confidential information and complex entity structures. Position requires flexibility and a hands-on approach from an accounting, finance, and tax and asset management perspective. Successful candidates will be resourceful and able to personally manage tasks ranging from routine to complex. The Family Office Accountant is a hands on Accountant that should be experienced in all areas of accounting to include AP, AR, Payroll, Fixed Assets, GAAP, General Ledger, and Financial Statements. Real Estate, Ranching, and/or Manufacturing industry experience preferred but not necessary.
Primary Job Function:
• Day to day management of multiple accounting/bookkeeping engagements.
• Maintaining personal accounts for high net worth clients.
• Bill pay processing and recording.
• Maintaining books and records for corporate accounts including professional service companies, family limited partnerships, and financial service clients including management companies and family office for high net worth individuals.
• Daily contact with clients, clients’ staff and other client service providers.
• Prepare month-end closing and adjusting entries.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, financial statements, spending and cash flow reports, etc.
• Assist in budget and forecasting process.
• Participate in special projects.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• A minimum of 5 years of Accounting experience.
• GAAP Accounting principles.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and QuickBooks.
• Sage 100/Mas 90
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
• CPA preferred
• Proficiency of GAAP.
• Accuracy, timeliness, problem-solving skills, and ability to work effectively with vendors, employees and managers.
• Analyzes problems and makes sounds decisions.
• Utilizes organizational skills with good attention to detail and emphasis on quality.
• Displays good written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
• Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel and vendors.
• Complies with Company policies and procedures.
• Complies with Company Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
• Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
• Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types(s): Accounting / Finance
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands