• Perform patient check-in at the time of visit; interviews patients and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient, and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
• Copy/scan patient medical records, benefit/insurance information, and related hardcopy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record system.
• Perform patient check-out including pricing services, coding of procedures performed, and diagnosis on charge, to accurately support the need and documentation for each service.
• Collect patient responsibility payments, and answer routine patient insurance and billing inquiries.
• Answer phone calls, confirm next day appointments, ensure insurance coverage, and alert patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment schedules.
• Gather, verify, and process referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications by working closely with physician(s), patients, and payers.
• Coordinate scheduling with that of the practitioners’ schedules to ensure proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls.
• Retrieve, file, and maintain charts and medical record documentation according to office protocol; coordinate copies of medical documentation with physician charges to support billing to third-party payers.
• Manage the flow of interdepartmental, outgoing, and incoming mail.
• Communicate requests and provide medical information to and from patient care providers in strict accordance with HIPPA and all policies and procedures.
• Follow up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and send out the appropriate communications.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
a. Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
b. Experience (required and preferred):
• 2 years related experience in a healthcare environment required.
$12 - $18
Job Types(s): Healthcare / Nursing
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Group
Name: Leon Fress