• Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
• Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
• May administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG’s.
• Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
• Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
• Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
a. Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
b. Experience (required and preferred):
• 1 year Medical Assistant experience required.
Job Types(s): Healthcare / Nursing
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Group
Name: Leon Fress