The John Cooper School is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant to the Director of Facilities. This position supports and reports to the Director of Facilities and functions as a key member of the support staff. Qualified candidates will possess well-developed communication and organizational skills whether in person, via phone, or in writing as well as strong computer/technology skills and abilities. As the first contact with constituents, the ideal candidate must present a welcoming, positive, customer service attitude while also possessing excellent administrative skills, be detail orientated and have the ability to balance a variety of demands in a fast paced, energetic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage, track and schedule all facility work orders and set-up requests for school.
• Work with Parents Forum on special events and set-ups.
• Manage and schedule all bus transportation for school field trips. This includes drivers and buses.
• Manage all bus maintenance, annual DOT inspections and file Form 8849 annually.
• Organize annual bus driver training.
• Process semi-monthly timesheets and send to payroll.
• Performs administrative and clerical duties for the Director of Facilities and Department of Facilities.
• Maintains a positive, highly efficient, organized, and professional demeanor in all aspects of the position.
• Attends department meetings and takes minutes.
• Answers phone and handles inquiries from parents, students, faculty and staff as appropriate.
• Provides administrative support on other projects as required.
• Meet any required deadlines.
• Perform other school duties as assigned.
• English/Spanish Bilingual, required
• College degree, preferred
• Experience using School Dude
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure with deadlines
• Be a proactive thinker
• Professional appearance and attitude
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word/Excel/Outlook)
• Willingness and ability to learn technology on demand
• Prior administrative experience desired
• Professional training preferred
• Experience in an independent school preferred
based on experience and education
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands