We are currently seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a staff accountant/administrator. This individual must be highly organized, with a service-oriented personality and must be able to handle multiple detailed duties with a high level of accuracy. A flexible attitude and willingness to help out wherever needed is essential in our small team environment.General bookkeeping/accounting responsibilities including data entry to accounting software, account reconciliations, sales tax filings, and financial statement review and preparation.
• General bookkeeping/accounting responsibilities including data entry to accounting software, account reconciliations, sales tax filings, and financial statement review and preparation.
• Prepare individual and business tax returns.
• Process payrolls for multiple clients, including quarterly and annual filings
• Assist with various accounting projects and ad-hoc projects.
• Consistently prepare accurate work.
• Consistently meet or exceed budgeted time expectations and billing utilization requirements.
• Client reception and communications including answering and directing calls.
• Maintain and update department calendars.
• Incoming and outgoing mail responsibilities.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• 2+ weeks paid time off plus 7 paid holidays
• Health insurance
• 401k Plan, 4% employer match
• Smoke-free environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office applications
• Prior accounting experience is desirable, but not required
• Previous use of Quickbooks is preferred.
• Tax return preparation.
• Self-motivated, quick learner, independent worker
• Ability to handle multiple detailed duties with a very high level of accuracy and efficiency
• Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output
Job Types(s): Accounting / Finance
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands