The Nurse, LVN & MA is responsible for managing the care of the infant, toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent patient experiencing general medical conditions or surgical procedures that require general assessments related to specific conditions, and well child check-ups. All RN, LVN and MA should be able to perform their job responsibilities by the end of their 90 days of employment at Forest Pediatrics
• Stock exam rooms daily – test swabs, table paper, gloves, soap and tongue depressors as required insure medical supplies are not expired if so consult Lab Tech
• ?Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection such as Height/Weight, blood pressure, plotting growth chart, temp, head circumference & O2 stats
• ?Clean exam rooms after each patient leaves – new table paper, Lysol table an countertop
• All nursing staff will room patients – Prioritize according to need; Patients waiting to be seen then checking phone voicemails and calling back patients prior to leaving for the day or lunch
• Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner such as giving injection, immunizations, cleaning and bandaging wounds, perform testing EKG, hearing, vision, newborn screens, assisting with procedures the physicians perform and any labs.
• Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the infant, toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent patient and his/her family.
• Contacts pharmacies to authorize prescribed medication for patients
• Assist lab tech in performing lab tests needed according to the standard requirements of CLIA
• Record each lab tests and results in lab book for each test you perform
• Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
• Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the infant, toddler, preschool, school-age or adolescent patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
• Perform referrals, and follow ups on them until they have been approved
• Perform prior authorizations for pharmacies
• Prepare quotient testing and download information for the physician
• Maintains current competency of immunization schedule
• Maintains current competency in lab protocols
• All RN, LVN & MA must perform lab blood draws (finger stick, heel sticks & venipuncture) as well as urine catheterization procedure
We are looking for an RN, LVN or MA with experience in pediatric care. Experience with AMS and e-Mds software is a plus. RN, LVN or MA must be able to multi-task and maintain a positive attitude.
This is a full time jobs that need to be filled immediately. Paid vacation and benefits available.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Job Types(s): Healthcare / Nursing
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time