Seeking an enthusiastic, positive personality to fill a Billing Specialist position in a busy Medical office in The Woodlands.
Duties to include:
• Verifying insurance benefits.
• Ensuring all necessary information (diagnosis; coding, etc.) is correct on claims submitted to
• Follow up on all claims through final resolution.
• Ensuring patient accounts contain accurate insurance/self-pay information.
• Researching patient accounts and correcting issues.
• Contacting patients regarding their bills and working with them to ensure their accounts are in
• Reviewing credit balances and overpayments and ensure refunds are administered in a timely
• Contacting insurance companies to address issues with patient accounts and/or unpaid claims
Must be dependable; motivated; have excellent communication skills; detail oriented; demonstrate computer proficiency; and have the ability to multi-task.
Full-time: Monday to Friday
Salary DOE + Benefits
Must be able to pass a background check and a drug screen.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 3+ Years of Medical Billing
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Knowledge of insurance plans
• Knowledge of claims and billing
• Knowledge of EMR software (preferably athenahealth)
Job Types(s): Healthcare / Nursing
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands