The Woodlands United Methodist Church is seeking a talented Videographer/Animator to join our award-winning creative team. Candidate must be creative, self-motivated, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We are seeking someone who embraces story telling with passion and excitement in conveying the story of the Church through a spiritual narrative. Candidate must have an exceptional eye for
detail, the ability to find creative video solutions and must successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities.
• Capture, edit and produce videos for ministry events and promotion
• Animate for series bumpers, stories, social media, and miscellaneous projects
• Maintain and organize studio and equipment
• Assist in maintaining video archive
• Concept, write, edit, and produce scripts as needed
• Collaborate with a team to budget, cast, scout, and produce work as needed
This is a full-time, permanent position. Competitive salary and benefits offered. Work hours are 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Weekends, holidays, evenings and extended hours may be required. This position reports directly to the Video Production Manager.
Interested applicants may apply for this position one of two ways:
1. Email your resume, video reel OR link to portfolio site (preferred) to
Lisa Fenley, Creative Services Adminstrative Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Apply online at our Creative Team website, creative.thewoodlandsumc.org
NO PHONE CALLS.
The Woodlands United Methodist Church (TWUMC) is a 13,000-member congregation located in suburban Houston, Texas. TWUMC is a Methodist church offering 11 live worship services each week in three unique worship styles across two campuses. Each Sunday, TWUMC webcasts three services (one in each style) live online. TWUMC offers dynamic Christian programs for all ages, placing special emphasis on discipleship, missions and outreach. TWUMC also runs an accredited preschool, a private elementary school, and a licensed counseling center. The TWUMC mission is to “Win people to Jesus Christ, disciple them in faith, and help those in need.” Learn more at thewoodlandsumc.org.
• 3 – 5+ years experience in film/video
• Animation experience (After Effects, Cinema 4d, 3d Max).
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Student of current styles, trends and equipment in the film industry
• Willingness to collaborate with leadership, ministry clients and other team members
• Be able to shoot on-location and in studio environments
• Current film portfolio or reel available online
• Video editing proficiency (Adobe Premiere)
• Inspired by telling stories in a unique and creative way
Candidate Nice-To-Haves (but not required)
• Film/Communications degree or similar
• Previous Church experience
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
The Woodlands United Methodist Church - Visit Our Business Directory Listing