JOB TITLE: Property Accountant
This position performs a range of accounting and financial duties to support the financial functions of the company’s limited partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Compiles composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required by management or government agencies.
• Verities and/or enters accounts receivable and accounts payable information; generates checks.
• Assists with preparation of financial statements including but not limited to income statements, balance sheet, cash flow, and management reports.
• Reconciles bank, mortgage, and investment-related statements.
• Reconciles and closes books monthly.
• Maintains GP loan spreadsheets for analysis of actual funds lender has provided vs. used to pay accounts payable.
• Performs general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll duties.
• Performs daily banking procedures.
• Prepares 1099’s and 1096’s annually.
• Processes payroll invoices and verifies funds available to transfer funds.
• Prepares and sends required reports in a timely and accurate manner to owners and investors.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Controller or members of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, and evaluation method.
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Proficient on Microsoft software including Excel and OneSite Accounting software, and any other accounting related software the organization may use.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of OneSite Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Depending on experience
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
FDI Management Group, LLC