Job Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
Reports to: Facilities Maintenance Manager
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week; shift schedule as assigned
Job Summary: This job entails being part of a team who handles all aspects of maintenance and repair for a multi-site religious organization. Candidate must be a team player, committed to providing consistently high levels of customer service in a high demand environment.
- Support the Director of Operations and Facilities Maintenance Manager in areas where needed
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair on both DX and Chill water HVAC systems
- Performs diagnosis and repair of commercial refrigeration appliances and ice makers
- Performs maintenance and repairs on Walk in Coolers and Freezers
- Occasionally performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures, switches, outlets and other electrical repairs not requiring a license.
- Occasionally performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains, faucets, sinks, and unclogging of drains).
- Occasionally paints and plasters interior and exterior building surfaces, signs, furniture, and equipment.
- Moves, loads, and unloads materials, supplies, furniture, and equipment.
- Others duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift and grasp
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, repetitively lift heavy objects, work on ladders or roof tops and work in a variety of different climates
- Must be able to work with potentially hazardous chemicals
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in confined work area
- Must be able to work inside and outside our School and pass needed background checks
- Must be able to stand and walk during an 8-10 hour shift; occasional shifts in excess of 10 hours may be required due to the demands of the business
- Willingness to be on call for emergency repairs and work flexible hours including evening and weekend hours when needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to be insured under our policy for driving company vehicles
- Must possess good communication and customer service skills
The Woodlands United Methodist Church
2200 Lake Woodlands Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
The Woodlands United Methodist Church - Visit Our Business Directory Listing