Responsible for supervising, and caring for preschoolers, assist in planning and implementing the daily program under the direction of the Lead Teacher. Supervise the class when left in charge, communicating with parents, attending all staff meetings and other school events, and other duties as assigned by the Director.
* Attend and supervise children at all times
* Assist in planning and implementing daily activities that follow the curriculum under the direction of the lead teacher
* Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up centers an preparing needed materials and supplies
* Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation routes and procedures
* Assume and equal share of the housekeeping responsibilities
* Assume responsibility during major school cleaning times, sanitize toys, washing toys, closets etc.
* Assume lead responsibilities when lead is absent by following lesson plans, and daily class schedule under the supervision of the Director
* Keep open communication with all members of the team at all times via email or verbal
* Provide 30 hours of professional development from the date of hire (and 24 additional for new employees before start working) per year
* Have working knowledge of procedures regarding emergencies and discipline, as other procedures outlined in the ICDC Operation Policies
* Attend parent’s club and school sponsored events if possible
* Attend staff meetings and in service days
* Have working knowledge of State of Texas Licensing Minimum Standards
* Treat each child, family and staff member with dignity and respect
* Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to ICDC and Interfaith of The Woodlands at all times
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and classroom teacher
Preschool teaching experience preferred, minimum age 18, high school graduate, excellent interpersonal skills. Nurturing disposition, requires a flexible individual who is loving, caring, and able to maintain a professional attitude at all times, enjoys working with children.
Based on background and experience
Interfaith Child Development Center - Visit Our Business Directory Listing