Field Service Technician
The Field Technician is an entry level employee, who will collect various types of water and environmental samples within the greater Houston area. This person must be able to work holidays when needed and some weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide clients with all necessary sampling activities, sample pick-ups, and sample drop-offs.
• Store all samples in a cooler with ice and deliver to laboratory sample receiving.
• Provide an accurate and completed chain of custody record of any sample in your possession.
• Convey any client requests or concerns to the Field Services Supervisor or Compliance Coordinator.
• Meet or exceed expected timelines for sample collection.
• Safely operate a company vehicle.
• Other duties as assigned which may include but not limited to assisting other field technicians with chain of custody, bottle preparation, and maps/directions for the completion of their assigned duties.
Required Skills and Experience
• Work independently following written and verbal instructions.
• Time management and organizational skills.
• Current driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Ability to operate a company vehicle for 8 hours daily.
• Familiar with the route region and ability to read maps, GPS, etc.
Education, Training, and Work Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Class D Water Operator’s License
• Vision sufficient to read and interpret chemical and reagent labels, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, laws, computer screens and print outs, business correspondence, and other documents encountered in the course of work.
• Hearing sufficient to hear conversation levels in person and telephone.
• Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in front of groups, over the telephone, in meetings, and training sessions.
• Mobility sufficient to safely move in an environmental laboratory.
• Dexterity sufficient to safely operate office equipment including computers and specialized tools and equipment utilized in the course of work.
• Strength sufficient to safely lift and carry sample containers, office supplies, materials, equipment, and other related materials weighing 35 to 50 pounds.
• Endurance sufficient to stand and bend from the waist for longs periods; maintain efficiency throughout entire shift.
• Primarily in a non-climate controlled setting.
• Work may involve exposure to odors, fumes, hazardous chemicals, and acids requiring the use of safety glasses, aprons, gloves, face shields, and a fume hood.
• Work may involve walking on uneven terrain.
• Work may involve working evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
• Hourly, overtime eligible.
• Medical,Dental, Vision insurance offered to full-time employees.
• 401k offered to full-time employees.
NWDLS, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Current driver's license with clean driving record
Able to lift up to 50 pounds continuously
Able to safely operate a vehicle
Excellent communication skills
Excellent organization and prioritization skills
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
North Water District Laboratory Services Inc