Position Title: Guest Service Representative – Night Audit
Overview of Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for attending to the needs of the guest during their hotel stay, especially during check-in and check-out. In addition, the position balances the revenue and expense transactions which occur each day.
1. Provides exemplary guest service by demonstrating a personal commitment to making every guest satisfied.
2. Understands and promotes the company’s 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
3. Provides information to guests about hotel policies, services, amenities and information about the local area.
4. Handles guest check-in and check-out in an accurate and efficient manner.
5. Enters/changes reservation information on the hotel computer systems.
6. Processes payment from guest and posts charges to guest accounts.
7. Balances shift work and cash drawers.
8. Operates hotel telephone console and uses good telephone etiquette.
9. Sells rooms to guests on the telephone and in person.
10. Promotes hotel sales and revenue programs.
11. May perform periodic or scheduled cleaning projects.
12. Understands and performs basic safety, security and emergency procedures of the hotel.
Front Desk Night Audit:
1. Closes and balances all hotel accounts.
2. Counts and balances cash and credit card receipts.
3. Balances direct bill accounts.
4. Verifies and balances vouchers.
5. Adjusts or corrects accounts as needed.
6. Completes, prints and distributes required audit processes and reports.
7. Prepares guest folios for Express Check-out.
8. Serves as Manager on duty for overnight shift. Contacts hotel leadership when operational matters require additional insight and authority.
Communication, Collaboration and Culture:
1. Continuously promotes, communicates, and embodies the RMC culture.
2. Practices and encourages a positive attitude among teammates to stimulate enhanced communication and collaboration.
3. Actively participates on teams and meetings to promote the improvement of operating strategies, guest satisfaction and financial results.
4. Able and willing to assist teammates and take on additional assignments.
Essential Skills and Experience:
1. Experience in hotel operations is preferred
2. Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
3. Ability to work within a team-based environment
4. Ability to perform and manage multiple tasks
5. Ability to work independently
6. Planning and organizational skills
7. Technical Skills preferred - Microsoft Word/ Excel/Outlook/ SharePoint and Hotel Brand Systems
1. Works and collaborates with guest service, breakfast and security teammates.
2. Interacts with teammates within the hotel.
3. Reports to General, Assistant, Guest Service Manager and/or Guest Service Supervisor
Are you a dependable night owl with a passion for serving others? As a Guest Service Representative – Night Audit, you will be the main point of contact for our overnight guests, helping ensure they have a quiet and comfortable stay. You will play a key role in creating lasting positive memories. You will be responsible for attending to the needs of our guests during their hotel stay, especially during check-in and check-out and balancing the daily revenue and expense transactions.
Hampton Inn & Suites North Houston Spring