POSITION: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
HOURS: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday-Friday (Evenings and weekends as needed)
Montgomery County Food Bank seeks a professional Development Coordinator to serve as a member of the Development Department, working directly with the Director of Development, to advance the organization’s mission throughout the greater Montgomery County Area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In collaboration with Director of Development, support the implementation and management of fundraising efforts designed to increase dollars and participation in annual giving and special event programs.
• Maintain donor portfolios and work closely with Director of Development on regular portfolio review and strategic cultivation activities.
• Assist in maintaining fundraising financial data including internal spreadsheets and board reports.
• Enter all pertinent donor prospecting information into central database, ensuring complete and accurate profiles including solicitations, results, evaluations, rating recommendations, prospect interest and demographic changes.
• Assist in managing special events.
• Serve as initial point of contact for all third-party event inquiries.
• Identify, recruit, manage and communicate with volunteers dedicated to specific fundraising efforts.
• Ensure all efforts communicate consistent messaging to pre-defined audiences and are appropriately timed.
• Participate in development of annual report, annual campaign materials, case statements and other collateral materials.
• In collaboration with Marketing and Communications Coordinator, assist in content preparation for social media posts, newsletter articles and direct mail appeals.
• Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in-group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Dealing with Ambiguity – Effective in coping with change, can shift gears easily, flexible, can act without having all the information, can comfortably handle risk.
Emotional Intelligence – High level of this for the role in regard to empathizing and understanding the emotions and decision making of your audience.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Managing Customer Focus - Promotes customer focus; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
Achievement Focus - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Project management or account management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong relationship building skills
• Proficient Office 365 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Photoshop and InDesign preferred
• Donor software programs, Blackbaud - eTapestry preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree
• Two years of development experience preferred.
• Two years of event planning preferred.
If yes, up to 50% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Full-time position
• Duties are performed indoors, in an office environment
• Interaction is required with other personnel, clients and other external parties
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Most functions are performed while seating at a desk or standing up
• Individual shall require to stand for longer periods
• On a regular day individual might be required to lift up to 30 lbs. of weight (i.e. document files, copy paper, food boxes etc.)
$48,000 - $52,000
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Montgomery County Food Bank