Milstead Automotive is a local, homegrown company. Founded in 1971, Milstead Automotive was founded on the desire to change the auto repair industry. We are in the business of building relationships, and we want to ensure that we are there for our customers throughout their journey. Our Values at Milstead Automotive are what sets us apart from our competitors.
- Great People- We hire people with heart. We care about each other, so caring for the customer comes naturally.
- Unparalleled Service- We understand everyone defines great service differently and we aim to meet our guest needs individually and with complete focus.
- Integrity- We never allow pressure to influence our guidance to guests or fellow associates. We are accountable to each other to do what is right.
- Defining Excellence- We desire to be the best, changing constantly to the next environment. We have a burning need to learn and be a leader in our industry.
Objectives of this Role
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action.
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Responsible for closing and preparing financial statements, P&L Reports, and loan balance reports.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- In conjunction with the President, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
Benefits and Perks
- Milstead Automotive provides an excellent benefits package including health benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision plans), 401(k) with employee matching, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Milstead Automotive is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 10+ years proven accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior-level accounting or controller
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Automotive Industry Preferred
29707 West Hawthorne Drive
Spring, TX 77386
Job Types(s): Accounting / Finance
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Milstead Automotive - Visit Our Business Directory Listing