The Woodlands Young Learners Academy is a leading preschool education center dedicated to delivering quality and best-in-class educational services to preschool aged children. We are hiring for a Librarian Preschool Teacher to join our dynamic and growing team!
We invite you to stop by our main campus any time between 9am-4pm, M-F, to complete an employment application. We are located at: 1500 Woodstead Ct., Spring, Texas 77380.
We offer competitive pay and benefits to include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 60 days! Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay Benefits! Discount Child Care! And More!
This position will work Mondays thru Fridays from 8:00AM-4:00PM at our main campus located in the Spring/Woodlands area.
Under general supervision, to perform instructional activities; to provide learning experiences to individual students and small groups; to perform routine clerical and supportive tasks for instructional personnel; and to do other related work as required.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide instruction to foster competencies in acquiring and using information and ideas, and in evaluating information resources.
• Stimulate interest in reading and appreciation of literature through group instruction and individual guidance.
• Provide intellectual and physical access to materials in multiple formats.
• Work with other educators to design and carry out learning experiences to meet the individual needs of students.
• Participate in specified team meetings, Open House meetings, fundraisers and other designated TWYLA events . (Specified by Director or Lead Instructor)
• Confers with students, parents, and school counselor to resolve student problem.
• May select, store, order, issue, and inventory equipment, materials, and supplies used in fostering reading and literature appreciation for the program.
• May direct planning and supervision of student contests and/or exhibits.
• Involve parents and families in student activities; participate in parent conferences; provide information concerning individual student progress.
• Participate in program evaluation through analysis of student assessment, individual classroom environment assessment and parent survey results.
• Develop lesson plans in accordance with established policies; set up and prepare materials to promote student learning.
• Plan and organize functional and attractive classroom displays that directly relate to established curriculum.
• Maintain a clean, safe, attractive and positive learning environment; provide an appropriate climate which assists children in making a satisfactory transition from home to preschool and reinforces positive attitudes and social skills.
• Attend meetings and participate in training workshops, conferences, courses and a variety of professional growth activities as required; provide parent education concerning child development.
• Monitor the health of preschool students and administer basic first aid, perform other health and safety related functions; notify appropriate personnel of health related issues as necessary.
• Operate a variety of audio-visual, office and instructional equipment.
• Provide training and work direction to assistants; participate in evaluations as requested.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
The Company has implemented measures recommended by the CDC in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Equal Opportunity Employer
-High school diploma or equivalent GED
-At least two years of experience working with preschool children in a same or similar librarian capacity; or
-An equivalent combination of education and experience
-CPR & First Aid Certification Required
$10-$12/hour + Benefits
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
The Woodlands Young Learners Academy - Visit Our Business Directory Listing