Provides leadership, instruction and motivation of participants in a competitive swimming environment. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere promoting member safety and engagement, youth development and healthy living in accordance with YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
1. Knows and understands all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately and appropriately, in accordance with YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
2. Maintains all required certifications, in accordance with YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
3. Teaches sound competitive swimming skills, through stroke development, in accordance with YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
4. Creates and leads age-appropriate workouts focusing on technique, endurance, and stroke development, in accordance with YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
5. Maintains accurate records of attendance and progress, as required by YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
6. Organizes and schedules all practices and coordinates the recruitment of volunteers.
7. Coordinates and executes swim competitions and meet registrations.
8. Performs daily equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available.
9. Attends all staff meetings, swim meets, and swim events, functions and trainings, as required by the Aquatics Director, YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
10. Provides leadership and guidance for assistant swim coaches, volunteers and parents through effective, consistent and timely communication.
11. May be required to conduct stroke booster clinics.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/3o5Y2Ry
1. Minimum age of 21 years. Must be a minimum of 5 years older than the oldest participant.
2. Minimum 2 years of competitive swim experience preferred.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in Swim Instructor in accordance with YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
4. Current/or must obtain prior to first scheduled meet:
-YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving
-American Red Cross’s Safety Training for Swim Coaches or either one of the following YMCA
certifications with proof of successful completion of the ARC’s Safety Training for Swim Coaches online
content only course
-YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant (YASA)
5. Current/or must obtain prior to first scheduled shift: ASHI certification for BLS for Healthcare Providers and Professional Rescuers (includes AED), First Aid and Emergency Oxygen and YOTS Child Abuse Prevention Training, Information Security and Awareness, Workplace Harassment and Bullying, Universal Precautions, New Staff Orientation Assessment
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Job Types(s): Sports/Recreation/Fitness
Employment Type: Employee - Part Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
The Woodlands Family YMCA at Shadowbend - Visit Our Business Directory Listing
Website: Visit Our Website