The Woodlands Christian Academy
The Woodlands Christian Academy (TWCA) is an independent, Christ-centered college preparatory school serving students in PreK through 12th grade. With over 25 years of strong history and a clear vision for the future, TWCA is leading the way for Christian education in The Woodlands Texas area.
We are currently seeking a Middle School US History/World Geography Teacher
Job Title: Middle School US History/World Geography Teacher
Reports To: High School Principal
Job Description: The teacher will implement a rigorous academic program in history and geography for students and will provide opportunities for maximum student development and growth through developmentally appropriate learning experiences. The teacher will design and implement a wide variety of instructional strategies that will accommodate various learning styles in accordance with the school curriculum and mission statement
• Teach 6 total sections of history and geography in a Christian college preparatory environment
• Actively pursue professional growth and continually strive to improve curriculum and instruction
• Collaborate and coordinate closely with grade-level, department, and course teams
• Willingly take on responsibility above and beyond classroom duties
• Cheerfully perform duties required of all faculty members as outlined in employment contract
• Establish and maintain communication with staff, students, and parents and encourage positive parent-
teacher student relationships and community and parent involvement
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons and instructional materials that facilitate active learning
• Possess highly effective classroom management and time management skills
• Embrace classroom technology and use it as a tool for learning
• Create and timely post robust plans which align with curriculum, instruction, and assessment, and
integrate technology into the curriculum
• Use instruction time efficiently and effectively
• Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments in a timely fashion and update
• Embrace new challenges
• Work collaboratively with department members and Principal to build curriculum, create assessments,
review best practices, and create clear daily goals for academic instruction
• Evaluate student progress effectively, keeping records and reports required by the School
• Challenge course lesson plans to align with best practices and updated knowledge
• Approach duties enthusiastically and optimistically; be willing to coach and be coached
• Commitment to embrace the Mission of The Woodlands Christian Academy
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of 24 hours of college level history/ geography courses
• Teaching certification
• Prior secondary teaching experience preferred
• Possess a strong Christian testimony and be an active member of a Bible-believing church.
• Attend faculty devotions and commit to prayer for the school community.
• Serve as a positive Christian role model to our students and pursue Christ-like behavior.
• Be a responsible steward of the school’s resources and personally support the school’s fundraising
efforts at a level as able.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Excellent Compensation and Benefits package along with generous time off. Please go to www.twca.com/about/employment and click on 'Employment Application' to complete an application.
Job Types(s): Teaching / Training
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
The Woodlands Christian Academy - (TWCA) - Visit Our Business Directory Listing
Website: Visit Our Website