Be responsible for maintaining a safe, community environment for clients in housing by being a teacher and role model. Being professional, flexible and a collaborative team member who shows consistency, compassion and respect to our clients and one another is imperative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
Assists residents in developing a livable, inclusive and responsible community in this way:
• Adhere and comply with all housing expectations
• Maintain residents’ privacy and confidentiality – if the safety, wellbeing or continued residency at Angel Reach is in jeopardy, staff will inform the Housing Coordinator.
• Will be present and alert while on duty at assigned house.
• Inspect house for cleanliness and follow up with residents who are not doing chores adequately by providing guidance and modeling of said chore.
• Drive to the other properties nightly to do a “secure” check.
• View all Angel Reach cameras for any activity. Will log suspicious and questionable activity and report it to the Housing Coordinator.
• Respond to negative behavior by teaching, correcting and approaching in a trauma informed manner. If expectations are not being met, following the set out protocol for talking points and teaching.
• Respond to crisis situations by defusing the immediate situation and by following the posted Medical and Emergency Mental Health Protocol
• Will complete work order for any maintenance or repair needs.
• Will attend Staff Meetings on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, at 1:00/4:00 with pay, as well as all other incidental trainings.
• Will help with transporting clients if needed.
• Will insure that residents are up for appointments should they need it.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Have experience working with young adults. Be a team player on staff with a desire to learn and willing to receive direction. Receive training in Trauma Informed Care and using a Strength Based Approach when working with young adults who come from hard places. Have good written and spoken communication skills and basic computer skills.
$14 and $15/hr according to shift
Job Types(s): Social Services
Industry(s): Nonprofit / Social Service
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): Conroe / Lake Conroe
Angel Reach, Inc.