DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Cares for students with chronic illnesses developing a health care plan with the physician and parents. Communicates and coordinates the needs of the student with the teachers
- Provide care for students with acute illnesses and injuries
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance
- Providing health advice to school educational teams, such as the Counselor and Developmental Specialist teams in developing plans and IP’s for students.
- Assists in maintaining first aid kits for each classroom
- First responder for life threatening emergencies.
- Part-Time/Non-Exempt; not to exceed 29 hours/week
- This position is not eligible for benefits.
- Temporary position; as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree and current Texas Registered Nursing License
- Minimum of two years of experience in Pediatric Health Care
- Current Pediatric CPR and First Aid certification
- Growing Christian
- Must have a heart for working with children
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs quickly
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
2200 Lake Woodlands Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Employment Type: Temporary - Part Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
Website: Visit Our Website