Resume required in order to apply for this position!!!
Our receptionist is the first line of communication between our clients and our therapists. You must be comfortable with communicating with clients from all walks of life. You must be proficient with medical software and with entering information into our EMR system. Must be proficient with scheduling appointments, triaging new clients (registering and creating client medical charts), completing billing, discussing insurance and insurance benefits with clients, and checking clients in/out each appointment.
Must be comfortable with answering questions regarding scheduling, billing, insurance, and providing general information, while directing clients to therapist who will provide outpatient mental health services. Our receptionist must be able to multitask, be self-motivated, a self-starter, timely, and dependable. Our receptionist is responsible for keeping, updating, and maintaining records by getting the appropriate information from the client, therapists, and possibly other providers (all while following all HIPPA regulations).
Being skilled in computer software, such as Excel spreadsheets, word processing, and other programs relevant to the clinic is necessary to perform the required tasks. You must have excellent communication and customer service skills as well as being able to multitask and stay organized.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive all incoming phone calls, emails, and return voicemails of clients, schedule initial and follow up appointments, and triage calls to proper therapist/department.
• Check clients in and out before and after appointments.
• Assist clients with questions about scheduling, billing, and insurance
• Create billing and insurance invoices and submit to clients and insurance companies. (Collect and process daily payments).
• Prepare charts for therapists, ensuring that all medical records and proper paperwork are in place in the client’s charts.
• Maintain calendar of events and coordinate appointments for therapists.
• Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other applications.
• 2 years’ experience working in a mental health environment and an office setting.
• Comfortable with working within an EMR system and documenting in medical records/charts.
• Knowledge of general office machines, telephone systems, fax machine, PDF operations, and other information systems.
• Willingness to follow and comply with all laws and rules related to HIPPA.
$15.00 per hour
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
The Woodlands Family Counseling Center