Our medical billing coordinator is vital in the success of our company and has to be able to multi-task as well as have great interpersonal skills. Our medical biller is responsible for providing a great patient experience by checking client’s eligibility and insurance plan benefits. Includes utilizing online resources, calling insurance companies, and enter benefits information into the EMR system. This is a remote part-time position (20 hours a week — 5 hours daily Monday – Thursday) with a growing mental health group practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Check patient eligibility and insurance plan benefits via online payer portals and outgoing calls to the varies insurance companies.
• Enter insurance and billing information into the EMR system (Theranest).
• Following the department procedures to ensure timely completion of benefit verifications, appeals, denials, entering in documentation into client charts.
• Communication with the client and therapist about insurance benefits, copayments, con-insurance and follow up both regarding outstanding balances.
• Follow up on any denial claims, delayed payments (invoice aging), or over/under payments received.
• Assist clients with questions regarding billing such as answering questions about their balances, invoices, and insurance benefits.
• Create invoices and submit invoices to the insurance companies. (Collect and process daily payments).
• Reconcile claims received and enter those claims into the EMR system. (Familiar with ERAs).
• Knowledgeable about billings codes (CPT codes), and familiar with EAP, appeals, and denial process.
• Familiar with reading invoice aging reports, CPT codes, CMS forms, and other billing tools needed to file and dispute insurance claims.
• Comfortable with working within an EMR system and documenting in medical records/charts.
• Maintain a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information (willingness to follow and comply with all laws and rules related to HIPPA).
$13/hour during training; $14/hr after
Employment Type: Employee - Part Time
The Woodlands Family Counseling Center