The Facilities Manager serves as leader of the Facilities Department and will fill a supervisory role; managing a team of three (3) employees. Responsible for the total performance of the Facilities Team, the Facility Manager will be responsible of overseeing all maintenance needs and support functions for Interfaith’s multi-site environment.
The Facilities Manager will directly manage moves, adds and changes (MAC) and facilitate IT needs, oversee all procurement processes for facility needs, provide oversight of ongoing janitorial and building maintenance operations, along with the management of sub-contractors for Interfaith’s facilities.
The Facilities Manager will maintain an internal client relationship with management and other department leaders to ensure continual availability in order to align with and meet Interfaith’s strategic plan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support the philosophy and mission of Interfaith
• Maintain Interfaith’s facilities including Workforce Offices, Child Development Center, Hand Me Up Shop and Interfaith Community Clinic office needs
• Oversee Facility, IT and Procurement operations for all Interfaith departments
• Responsible for procurement of all equipment purchases, office supplies, facilities costs, building and equipment maintenance, telephone costs and connectivity costs, purchase orders and the monitoring of monthly status reports.
• Ensure procurement process follows TWC Financial Manual for Grants and Contracts, H-GAC regulations and company policy
• Coordinate site moves and build out construction for all Interfaith departments as needed
• Serve as Interfaith’s contact for external vendors including building security and IT
• Troubleshoot IT problem requests for Central, ICDC, ICC and HMUS; submit Work Requests to IT contractor
• Manage set-up and breakdown for meetings and special events.
• Oversee equipment inventory for all departments
• Stay abreast of technology changes and trends
• Be aware and know all emergency procedures
• Attend all management and Central staff meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Leadership – 100%
• On-site leader with Facility Management expertise and best representative of Interfaith when engaging vendors, contractors, community partners and investors.
• Demonstrate and promote Interfaith’s mission, vision, values, culture and community service philosophies.
• Acts as a positive role model; proactive in the achievement of the Facilities Department’s goals and objectives that align with Interfaith’s strategic plan.
• Hire, develop, coach, appraise, reward, and manage performance of Facilities department staff. Motivate and mentor staff and lead by example through appropriate participation and involvement in and oversight of Facilities activities. Plan, provide continuity, and lead succession planning efforts for Facilities positions. Prepare work schedules, assign work, and oversees the work product (while minimizing overtime and call-in hours). Ensuring staff are adhering to Interfaith’s Facility Department’s safety policies, procedures and protocols. Demonstrates quality leadership in meeting performance plans.
• Develop and maintain performance appraisals for staff on a timely and accurate basis.
• Maintain strong understanding of Interfaith’s policies and procedures to achieve set results and meet deadlines.
• React to change productively and handle tasks as assigned
Customer Service – 100%
• Communicate effectively with internal and external staff and vendors.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with department leaders and staff.
• Address and ensure department needs are met timely with quality service delivery.
• Coordinate housekeeping activities with other departments and provide recommendations for replacement of equipment and furnishings in accordance to OSHA standards and regulations.
• Provide a consistent hospitality experience; resulting in higher engagement and productivity from employees.
Procurement – 50%
• Responsible for procurement of all equipment purchases, office supplies, facilities costs, building and equipment maintenance, telephone costs and connectivity costs; including the coordination for all Facilities related contract negotiations.
• Ensure procurement process follows TWC Financial Manual for Grants and Contracts, H-GAC regulations and company policy, and solve procurement related issues or escalate as appropriate
• Coordinate site moves and build out construction for all departments and oversee the coordination of building space allocation, move management of departments and floorplan layouts, and expansion projects, as needed.
• Inspects facility projects (to include construction, installation, expansion, mergers & acquisitions) for compliance and tracks the progress of project. Maintains open lines of communication and provides progress reporting to upper management as needed.
• Initiate and process new requisitions, request for quote/proposal, and purchase orders.
• Assist with procurement related special projects and provide updates on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for RFQs, Quotes, Lead Time, Pricing, etc.
• Maintain vendor relationships and collect necessary information such as bank and tax documents in order to add them to the approved supplier list.
• Collect, organize and file documentation such as approvals, order confirmations, quotes, receipts, and other documents in correct cloud database folders.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred and at least five (5) years relevant experience
• Must have project management experience
• Construction and procurement experience preferred
• General working knowledge of commercial building maintenance
• Proven track record of supervising and mentoring direct reports
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MacOS Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must possess extremely strong communication, organizational, time management, and critical thinking skills and the ability to multi-task in a high demand, fast paced environment.
• Excellent leadership skills and passion for service.
• Must have a clear understanding of how effectively managing the facilities will contribute to the success of Interfaith’s overall operation.
• Strong attention to detail with ability to properly and timely respond, follow-up and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
• Must possess discretion with confidential information.
The role of Facilities Manager requires a high degree of mental and physical effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical day. The position will also require travel in his/her own vehicle to and from sites, seminars and meetings. This job will require one to remain in a prolonged stationary position at times and to constantly position self in high, low and narrow spaces at other times. The physical requirements include ascending and descending steps and ladders, and one must be able to operate a mechanical vehicle and office machinery as needed. One must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round, in multiple weather conditions; including direct sun. One can expect frequent physical exertion from moving, transporting, and repositioning heavy objects and materials and be able to constantly lift 50lbs. objects. This individual is expected to exchange accurate information frequently through verbal, visual, electronic and written communications.
This position will require the employee to work a flexible schedule in order to meet the needs of the organization. Work may be required on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Primary Schedule is Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The employee has reviewed this description and agrees that he/she is fully able and can perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
$60,000 - 65,000Download Job Details: Click Here
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Interfaith of The Woodlands - Visit Our Business Directory Listing