Summary: The Community Formation Coordinator serves as a critical team member on the Community Formation team. This role collaborates with the Community Formation team to implement church-wide ministries and acts as a key liaison between Discipleship Ministry, Home Group Coaches, and volunteers.
Essential Functions: Coordinate church wide systems for Home Groups, Young Adults, Serve Teams, and Men’s Ministry. This includes:
- Create a culture where volunteers love to serve by assisting Coaches of Community Formation and volunteers in conducting the mission of The Woodlands Methodist Church.
- Invites and assists coaches and volunteers to discover and develop their spiritual gifts.
- Meet with Home Group coaches one-on-one and in groups for spiritual and leadership development.
- Collaborate with the Pastor of Community Formation and the Community Formation team in developing a unified approach to home groups, serve teams, men’s ministry, and young adults (18 – 29).
- Work to plan and support events and resources which promote spiritual development of our congregants and guests through GROW strategies.
- Collaborate with Community Formation Administrative Assistant to draft outgoing communications for Pastor of Community Formation final review before distribution.
- Consult with Creative Services as needed to publicize Community Formation programs and events.
- Provide oversight of monthly young adult gatherings and events.
- In collaboration with other ministry coordinators, implement church-wide system for serve teams in recruiting, training, and retaining volunteers.
- Implement new vision for men’s ministry from the Pastor of Community Formation.
- Deliver reporting as required/requested by the Pastor of Community Formation.
- Communicate regularly with coaches, volunteers, and participants via email, phone, and the website.
- Perform other duties as requested by leadership.
Benefits: Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 403b
- Passion and commitment to recruit, equip, and empower volunteers to serve and congregants/guests to participate in ministry initiatives.
- Ministry experience and/or pastoral studies HIGHLY preferred.
- Proven excellent communication [written and oral], skills.
- Ability to work well independently and take self-governing action, consistent with biblical truths and church policy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility to multi-task and support multiple functions.
Computer and tech literacy: Basic competence with Microsoft Office, CMS, presentation software, website, and social media, and willing and able to be trained further.
The Woodlands Methodist Church
2200 Lake Woodlands Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Job Types(s): Ministries
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands