- Categories :
- Marketing & Advertising
2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic
We are looking for a high energy Tech - 2nd Shift to join the team at our Hauling location in Humble, TX . Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
2ND SHIFT Hours are 12:30pm to 11:00pm Monday through Friday with every other Saturdays from 9:30am to 4:00PM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed. 45 hours a week average.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus!
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Job Types(s): Trades / Manual Labor, Mechanic / Car Repair, Other
Industry(s): Other, Warehouse, Utility / Telecomm, Waste / Environmental
Employment Type: Employee - Part Time
Job Location(s): Houston Metro
Waste Connections US, Inc. - Visit Our Business Directory Listing
Website: Visit Our Website