• Oversees all aspects of accounting and finance, complying with federal, state regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Investigating and reconciling discrepancies in accounts receivable and payable, as well as payroll.
• Preparing and making bank deposits, as well as preparing statements for review.
• Auditing purchase orders and invoices.
• Maintaining accurate records, including journals, ledgers, receipts, and invoices.
• Ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Managing HR payroll/compensation and benefits for all staff.
• Prepare Financial Statements - Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities, General Ledger Accounts and Chart of Accounts.
• Prepare Budget and make recommendations.
• Assist Board members with questions.
• Track Donations, Unrestricted, Restricted, and Grants.
• Assist CPA with the filing of yearly Form 990.
• Enter adjusting entries at the end of the fiscal year.
• Assist Auditors with yearly audit.
• Prepare monthly tuition and activities invoices.
• Prepare Bank and Credit Card monthly reconciliations.
• Supports the organization’s fundraising efforts and assist with reporting all online giving/donations.
• Research and if needed correct past unpaid invoices to maintain a true Accounts Receivables.
• Work closely with Executive Director, QA Coordinator/Billing Specialist, and Board of Treasurer.
• Research and if needed correct past unpaid invoices to maintain and updated Accounts Receivable.
• Part-time position, not to exceed 25 hours a week, unless otherwise approved by the Executive Director.
Special Angels of The Woodlands is seeking an experience Bookkeeper who has a strong level of understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles; has a high degree in accuracy and attention to detail in organizational finances, complying with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Bookkeeper will work with independent auditors, navigating tax-exempt status and compliance requirements, keeping track of donor restrictions and grant regulations. Is organized and proficient in Qu'
Depending on experience
Employment Type: Employee - Part Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
Special Angels of The Woodlands - Visit Our Business Directory Listing