Summary: The Caring and Prayer Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the congregational care ministry of a large membership, multi-campus church with specific emphasis on Pastoral Care, Prayer, and Senior Adult Ministry. Demonstrates The Woodlands Methodist Church’s (TWMC) mission to win people to Jesus Christ, disciple them in faith, and help those in need.
Essential Functions: Support church-wide prayer ministry across all worship communities. This includes:
- Create a culture where volunteers love to serve by recruiting, coaching, equipping, and empowering a full team of volunteer leaders for Caring Ministry.
- Communicate neatly and concisely via phone, email, and text to serve the congregation in scheduling appointments.
- Assist those in need by referring them to an outside organization, one of TWMCs Pastors, or a counseling center.
- Respond to non-emergency answering service calls.
- Distribute birth and sympathy cards to members as needed.
- Liaison between church and families experiencing loss.
- Coordinate, prepare, and support funeral and memorial services as needed.
- Communicate with staff, funeral pastoral care team, and funeral homes.
- Collaborate with families in gathering information and creating funeral bulletins.
- Organize and schedule two appreciation luncheons (Spring and Christmas).
- Present members of Prayer Shawl with Christmas ornament.
- Facilitate Senior Adult Fitness kickoff event in January on both The Woodlands and Woodforest campuses including ordering t-shirts (in collaboration with Rec Ministry), purchase door prizes, and purchase snacks.
- Assist with prayer ministry coordination, administrative oversight of ministry, and meeting preparations for weekly prayer groups, including purchasing materials, room reservations, and coordination of room set-up.
- Create events for classes, memorial services, inurnments, and groups using Event Pro (EP) scheduling.
- Update and review EP as needed.
- Create program registrations, update member profiles in Rock church management system.
- Track hospitalizations, cancer, hospice, physical rehab, homebound, etc.
- Run reports as requested for Administrative Board.
- Submit programming information to Creative Services for publication using communications request form in Rock.
- Update Care Ministry website as needed.
- Prepare and distribute letter for Stephen Ministry quarterly books.
- Send emails, schedule classes online, and track registration for Divorce Care ministry.
- Set-up treats with coffee cart for Prayer Shawl.
- Collaborate with Connections Ministry to maintain the inventory of quilts and supplies.
- Set-up room and keep attendance in G.R.O.W. for Senior Adult Fitness.
- Schedule rooms, update website, keep attendance in G.R.O.W., and communicate with leaders of Men’s Book Club (meets the second and fourth Wednesday of the month).
- Reports to: Lead Caring Ministry Assistant
- Position Type: Part-time but will transition to full-time
- Schedule: As is typical for ministry, this position requires a flexible schedule. It includes agreed upon onsite office hours, Sunday services, occasional Saturday services, evening activities
- Compensation: Dependent on experience
- Benefits: Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 403b
- Exemplify the core values of The Woodlands Methodist Church:
- Live Faithfully – integrate your beliefs, values, and principles into your professional life.
- Love Compassionately – foster a caring and supportive environment where individuals feel valued and supported.
- Embody Integrity – trust and be trustworthy, demonstrate consistency in actions and values, and respect confidentiality.
- Offer Encouragement – Foster a positive work environment by expressing appreciation, offering constructive feedback, and providing support and resources when able.
- Remain Teachable – demonstrate a genuine desire to learn, an open mind, and a willingness to put in the effort to improve.
- Be Accountable – take ownership of tasks and responsibilities; consistently practice clear, open communication (verbally or via email), learn from mistakes, and seek continuous improvement.
- Multiply Yourself – search for wats to be more efficient and productive; maximize your impact and productivity, leverage the resources and skills available.
- Spiritual maturity and strong passion for the Gospel message of Christ’s love and grace.
- Strong team player with a willingness to complete a variety of tasks, with a shared workload.
- Ability to multitask, handle complex, sensitive, and detailed-oriented ministry situations with confidentiality and grace.
- Comfortable working with a high degree of flexibility.
- Must have administrative experience. (3 or more years preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Excellent computer skills including use of Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, and Outlook. Able to learn new computer programs, such as Event Pro and Rock.
- Able to comfortably talk with hurting and grieving congregants in a spirit of compassion and love.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- This position requires sitting, standing, lifting, reaching, and crawling.
The Woodlands Methodist Church
2200 Lake Woodlands Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Employment Type: Employee - Part Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
The Woodlands Methodist Church - Visit Our Business Directory Listing