Summary: The Woodlands Methodist Church Creative Services Department is seeking an energetic and experienced Design Supervisor to advance the message of Jesus Christ in fresh and compelling ways. Candidate must be able to design and communicate with remarkable visual style across all print and digital graphics, large scale LED and projection environments, and large scale, three-dimensional spaces. We are seeking someone who embraces emerging culture, technology and design with passion and excitement. Candidate must be highly organized, an experienced manager of people, and a champion for excellent customer service.
Essential Functions: Manage and maintain consistency of the church brand across all media formats using a prescribed style guide. This includes:
- Collaborate with ministry leaders and creative team members to brainstorm, develop ideas, and create a wide variety of branded promotional materials for advertising campaigns, church programs and special events.
- Establish and enforce exceptional design and production standards across all projects
- Design master theme graphics including logos and accompanying visual elements for printed materials, screen graphics and museum-style installations
- Design promotional materials for various church ministries including t-shirts, flyers, banners, slides, posters, brochures, etc.
- Help manage, and guide creative staff through various projects
- Collaborate with Traffic Manager to assess client requests and assign new creative projects to team members
- Collaborate with web programmer to develop and implement website designs and content
- Collaborate with Design Director to ensure consistency and continuity of worship – related communication and promotions
- Communicate with ministry clients for approvals, edits and change requests
- Review and approve designs
- Manage and approve production projects
- Organize and maintain electronic files and naming configurations
- Manage various third-party vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to: Design Director
- Position Type: Full-time
- Schedule: 9:00am – 6:00pm Monday – Friday. Some flexible or extended hours will be required during Christmas, Easter, and other special events on campus
- Compensation: Competitive salary
- Benefits: Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 403b
- Exemplify the core values of The Woodlands Methodist Church:
- Live Faithfully – integrate your beliefs, values, and principles into your professional life.
- Love Compassionately – foster a caring and supportive environment where individuals feel valued and supported.
- Embody Integrity – trust and be trustworthy, demonstrate consistency in actions and values, and respect confidentiality.
- Offer Encouragement – Foster a positive work environment by expressing appreciation, offering constructive feedback, and providing support and resources when able.
- Remain Teachable – demonstrate a genuine desire to learn, an open mind, and a willingness to put in the effort to improve.
- Be Accountable – take ownership of tasks and responsibilities; consistently practice clear, open communication (verbally or via email), learn from mistakes, and seek continuous improvement.
- Multiply Yourself – search for wats to be more efficient and productive; maximize your impact and productivity, leverage the resources and skills available.
- Related college degree
- Three to five years’ experience in a creative, professional environment required
- Previous art direction experience required
- Proven mastery of illustration, still photo editing, color theory, page layout design and typography required
- Print production and pre-press experience required
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to find creative solutions and successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) is required
- Macintosh platform required
- Photography skills preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- This position requires sitting, standing, lifting, reaching, and crawling
The Woodlands Methodist Church
2200 Lake Woodlands Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Job Types(s): Ministries
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
The Woodlands Methodist Church - Visit Our Business Directory Listing