The Woodlands Township honors Highlander Cross Country team
THE WOODLANDS, Texas-- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard.
Before addressing agenda items, the Board of Directors honored The Woodlands High School cross country team for winning its 20th state title, adding to their 37 district and 33 regional titles. Since its beginning, the Highlanders have won 48 percent of the boys’ largest division cross country championships and are currently ranked in the top 25 teams in the country. The Board approved a proclamation declaring February 28, 2018 as Highlander Cross Country State Champions Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors accepted reports from Village Association representatives from the villages of Alden Bridge and Cochran’s Crossing.
• Approved a Right - of - Way Agreement with Entergy, Texas, Inc.
• Approved conveyance of Restricted Open Space Reserves in the Village of Creekside Park and the Village of Creekside Park West
• Approved the 2017 capital project carryovers and related 2018 budget amendment
• Awarded a bid for the renovation of the all - weather turf at Alden Bridge Sports Park and Bear Branch Sportsfields
• Approved a software license and annual support renewal with Accela Inc.
• Approved repairs to the Fountains at Waterway Square
• Approved the solicitation of Request for Proposals for Fleet Management Services
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
• Approved a Second Amendment to the Donation Agreement with The Woodlands Arts Council for the Art Bench project
• Awarded a bid for Playground Equipment for Falconwing Park
• Approved the First Amended and Restated Host Venue Sponsorship Agreement with The Woodlands Arts Council for the Waterway Arts Festival
• Received and accepted the financial report
• Approved improvements to the board chambers
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship - tx.gov , or call 281 - 210 - 3800.
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors recognized The Woodlands High School cross country team with a proclamation, February 28, 2018, for winning its 20th state title.. Pictured above, left to right, Township Vice Chairman John McMullan; Township Secretary Dr.. Ann Snyder; Township Treasurer John Anthony Brown; TWHS Cross Country Coach Chris Bails; Ethan Hammer; Austin Childree; Ryan Raiford; Matthew Jones; Township Chairman Gordy Bunch; TWHS Cross Country Coach Juris Green; Ethan Mercado;; Gavin Hoffpauir; Daniel Baker; Township Director Brian Boniface; Township Director Carol Stromatt and Township Director Bruce Rieser.