The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting
THE WOODLANDS, Texas -- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 4 p.m. Wednesday, December 5, 2018, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
Prior to starting the meeting, the Board of Directors honored The Woodlands High School Cross Country team for their fourth consecutive state championship title. This title adds to their 38 district, 33 regional and 21 state titles. To recognize outstanding accomplishments, the Board Chairman proclaimed Wednesday, December 5, 2018 as Highlander Cross Country State Champions Day.
Before addressing regular agenda items, President/General Manager Don Norrell recognized The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch for placing number three in the nation for the 2018 National Night Out programming, competing in Category Population 100,000-300,000.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township Departments.
- Approved the renewal of the Ice Rink Production Services Agreement.
- Approved a Second Amendment to the Project Development and Joint Use Agreement with The Center for The Performing Arts at The Woodlands.
- Approved a First Amendment to a Lease Agreement for Spring Creek Trail.
- Awarded a bid for Waterway Square Concession Services Kiosk at the Fountains at Waterway Square.
- Approved 2019 Township Pay Structure and Employee Pay Increases.
- Approved Resolution No. 016-18 Adopting Investment Policies and Guidelines for The Woodlands Township.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Approved the Administrative Report for Law Enforcement and Community Policing.
- Deferred action on a resolution regarding guidelines and criteria for considering tax abatement agreements by The Woodlands Township.
- Re-appointed Walt Lisiewski & Arthur Bredehoft and appointed Bala Iyer to the Development Standards Committee (DSC) as Township designees and Robert Heineman, Robert Adams and John Anderson as developer representatives.
- Affirmed Chairman Bunch’s appointment of Vice Chair John McMullan, Treasurer John Anthony Brown and Director Carol Stromatt to the Audit Committee for 2019.
- Approved an extension of the term for the Ad Hoc Economic Development Committee and affirmed Chairman Bunch’s appointments of Director Bruce Rieser, Secretary Dr. Ann Snyder and Director Carol Stromatt to the Committee.
- Appointed Director Carol Stromatt to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Council.
- Appointed Director Bruce Rieser to the Law Enforcement Advisory Council.
- Re-appointed Jayson Garcia of The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center to serve a two-year term on the Booking and Blocking Commmittee.
- Extended the term of the Incorporation Planning Task Force through the first quarter of 2019 and appointed Secretary Dr. Ann Snyder, Chairman Gordy Bunch and Director Bruce Rieser.
- Approved an extension of the term for the Drainage Task Force and affirmed Chairman Bunch’s selection of Director Bruce Rieser to serve as Chair of the Task Force.
- Appointed Director Bruce Rieser, Director John Anthony Brown, Director Brian Boniface and Township President/General Manager Don Norrell to serve on the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau in accordance with the Bylaws and approved reappointment of Nick Wolda to serve as President of The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Authorized the President/General Manager to provide a letter to the Developer (Flair Builders, LLC) confirming the Township’s willingness to annex the Property located North of Indian Hill Road upon satisfaction of the requirements and conditions imposed by MUD 386, including that the Property be subject to The Woodlands Covenants and include a requirement that appropriate pathway connectors to The Woodlands pathway system be part of the development plan.
- Approved the release of the Invitation for Bids for Solid Waste Collection, Disposal and Recycling Services.
- Approved the logo design with additional work to be completed on brand design for the adventure course at the Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park now known as Texas TreeVentures.
- Received and accepted an update from the Drainage Task Force.
- Awarded the proposal for a Compensation and Classification Study to Public Sector Personnel Consultants and authorized the President/General Manager to execute a services agreement as approved to form by the Township Attorney.
- Approved the Second Amendment to Donation Special Warranty Deed with The Woodlands Land Development Company for the Fountains at Waterway Square and authorized Repair Option 2B as submitted by Fountain Works to repair the fountain and a Task Order with Moffatt & Nichol to provide project management services regarding the repairs; and approved funding the project with the 2017 Capital Project carryover and Capital Contingency Reserves.
- Authorized staff to proceed with obtaining the necessary documents for the defeasance of the Township’s Series 2010 Sales Tax and Hotel Occupancy Tax Bonds.
- Approved policies related to The Woodlands Express including to continue to sell and accept paper tickets, allowing all paper tickets sold by the Township to be credited to the mobile ticket virtual wallet at any time, allowing all previously sold paper tickets by Brazos Transit District (BTD) to be credited to the mobile ticket virtual wallet at anytime before June 30, 2019, and any remaining BTD paper tickets to be accepted for the Express services up to December 31, 2019. After that date, no BTD tickets will be accepted or credited for service.
- Approved changes to The Woodlands Express Bus routes and schedules including an additional run later in the morning from the Sterling Ridge Park and Ride, adding a new stop in the Medical Center at the UT School of Dentistry and directed staff to investigate possible temporary service to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- Approved the renewal of the Township’s property, liability and workers’ compensation insurance for the policy period January 1, 2019 – January 1, 2020.
- Approved a logo and branding for The Waterway Arts District.
- Discussed a report regarding the Conroe ISD Attendance Boundary Process.
- Discussed Township internal procedures related to the Board of Directors November elections.
- Adopted the Board of Directors meeting schedule for 2019.
- Authorized President/General Manager to issue a no-fault termination of contract to Matrix Consulting Group and to amend the contract with Novak Consulting Group to be the lead consultant firm for the remainder of the Incorporation Planning Study.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, January 17, 2019. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.